Tuesday 30 December 2008

Tin Man

Tin Man (2007)

So I (Emelie) was told by several people to watch a miniseries called Tin Man. Since I am a fan of The wizard of OZ since I was a kid and love most of the angles that other shows/books have taken of that movie. So I was intrigued by Tin Man, of course it did not hurt that Zooey Deschanel played the lead.

So Tin Man is about DG (Zooey) who is thrown into another world called, The O Z (The outer zone). There she is faced with the truth about her family. She learns that the people she thought were her parents were not; her mother is actually a queen who happens to be missing because of DG’s sister…Azkadellia, the wicked witch.

The show which is in 3 parts is about DG’s struggled to find her mother and to stop her sister from killing her. However as she gets more and more flashbacks of her life in OZ as a kid she is starting to reveal the truth…

At first glance I was not too sure but the more I watched the more I liked and at the end of part 2 I was hooked. The twists are great and even though some of the acting is pretty bad Zooey and Kathleen Robertson (Azkadellia) make up for it. Kathleen was definitely my favorite through the series; I loved how they put so much humanity into her character even if she was mean to be the evil one.

If you’re a fan of The wizard of OZ then I would recommend this, don’t expect too much but it’s a fun show.

I would give it a 6.5/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910812/

- "Welcome back little sister. There's no place like the O.Z.”

No comments: