Sunday 7 December 2008

Sonja


Sonja (2006) is a movie German about well Sonja. She's in love with her best friend Julia.

The storyline is a bit woolly. I first though they where together.. But after about a third of the movie I realized that was not the fact. But that's not the only thing. The story don't have a red line or what to call it... It just follows Sonja during a short time at every event. All we really do know is that she's in love with Julia, hate her mother and despise her dad. She thinks her boyfriend's boring and is a very special person. She walks through half the movie just to flee the world who she feels is watching her every step.

Even though all these things the movie isn't that bad. Well sure it's hard to follow the story when there is no story. Yet you can't stop watch and I usually take that as a good sign.
The acting's very believable and realistic who compensate up for the fact that the rest of the movie is well not so good.

I'll give it a 5.6/10. It could have been a really good movie if there where some what of main story and that it just does not scraper of the first layer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0496395/

- Elin... The queen of movies

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently watched this movie, and I really liked it. Although, the part where she sleeps with that older man really freeked me out. He looks like he's about 40, and she's supposed to be around 16....ewww! Anyway's I liked the acting also, it was very real, and it made you feel what she was feeling. I agree with the lack of storyline though, it could have been alot better.