Saturday 3 January 2009

Flashbacks of a Fool


Flashbacks of a Fool (2008)

Is about Joe (Daniel Craig), an actor who's gone bad (drinks and fuck like there is no tomorrow). When he later realizes that nobody wants him and that his best friend from his youth died he starts thinking back at some events during a week in his youth.
This week a lot happen. The Flashback starts with him and his best friend Booth masturbating in one of those scary rides you can have at the carnival.
It is the 70s, the hair, the style and the music. There is four main persons in the flashback who have an impact on what to come. It's Booth (the best friend), Ruth (The girl that everyone wants), Himself of course and his neighbor Evelyn played by (one of my favorite actresses) Jodhi May.
I'm not going to revile what's happening in the flashback but I can say this... It's the best part in the movie.
One other thing I found quite strange (for me). I have never seen Jodhi naked before... I am serious... and I have seen like 5-6 movies with her... and in this movie she's more naked than dressed which felt kind of awkward... but hey she does have a great body...
There were a bit too much of sex, talk and sand part wise in this movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1037218/

I'll give it a 6/10. It is not worth to buy but defiantly worth to have a look.
Keeley Hawes also appears as the pain in the ass (but very cool) adult baby sister to Joe...

No comments: