Wednesday 10 December 2008

Miss Conception


Miss Conception (2008) is a movie where we follow Georgina Salt (Heather Graham), a successful woman in her mid 30s. When she finds out that she only have a month getting pregnant before it's to late the journey of her life begins.
Georgina and her best friend Clem (Mia Kirshner) start to hunt down men so they can take there sperm... It's funny and witty... parts of it anyway.
Both Kirshner and Graham are doing great performances, yet that do not hold up the movie. I really can not put the finger on why. The acting is great, the storyline is not crap and there is some funny moments.

The only think I can think of is that seeing Graham on this desperate hunt I kinda feel the need of slapping her, even though it's perfectly understandable. She has a guy who she love but yet she do not believe that is enough.
Well at least Kirshner has some nice moments. She has the funny lines, a british accent whom I find very nice... even though I first laughed out loud when I heard it since I was not prepared of it.
One other think I found quite funny was that Graham now have done two romantic comedies and in both there is one person from The L-Word in it... NICE

I'll give this movie a 5/10 - and three of those are for Mia Kirshner.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0985593/

-Elin - and the temperature is rising.

No comments: