Thursday 8 January 2009

In My Father's Den


In My Father's Den (2004)

I (Elin) first heard about this movie from my friend Nikki. She really recommended it to me and now I see why.
It starts of with a funeral, more precise Paul Prior's (Matthew Macfadyen) dads funeral. Paul has not been home in 17 years. He left everything and went out in the world and eventually did become an acclaimed photographer.
When he gets home his brother is both surprised and happy (I think) that he's back. Soon Paul befriends Celia Steimer (Emily Barclay) a 16 year girl who have some kind of connection to Pauls past. When Celia later disappears Paul is the first to be blamed. Soon he has to decover the truth about the now and the past.

The movie is not in a chronological order. It's mixed with flashbacks and random images of the nature. The shoots of the nature really gives you the feeling that New Zeeland is the place to be. But only for a short while... at least for me. But I love the accents, the acting, the plot, the way it's shoot, the twist in the story and most importantly I do love the soundtrack. See it and you'll know what I mean.
I'll give this movie a 8/10, even though you might not watch it over and over it's still a masterpiece. It's just to bad the director and writer (Brad McGann) died before making more movies.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385017/

-Bed+sick=sleeeeep... when the coughing stops for more than 2 minutes^^

No comments: