Saturday 10 January 2009

Let the right one in


Let the right one in (2008)

Oscar is bullied in school, he’s the quiet boy who is too scared to stand up for himself unless when he’s alone, talking to trees. Then one day a girl moves in next to him, her name is Eli and she is odd in every way. When they meet she makes it clear they will never be friends, but something happen between them. She teaches Oscar to stand up for himself but not all is well when he finds out Eli’s secret.

The relationship between these two is fragile and at times built on fear but it’s beautiful.
It’s about friendship, understanding, love and revenge.

This is a Swedish movie but don’t let that scare you off. It’s amazing. It’s beautifully shot and the acting is great. The kids (Lina Leandersson & Kåre Hedebrant) play their roles to perfection.
Sure some of the effects may look fake but it doesn’t matter because they are supposed to. Mostly it’s just well made and stunning. Some effects are also so amazing it makes up for the bad ones.
This is a movie that has already created a buzz outside of Sweden and there is a re-make planned for 2010. Please watch this though, don’t wait for a badly made, half ass re-make by some American. I doubt any re-make could ever top this one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/

I (Emelie) give this a 9.8/10

6 comments:

Isvind said...

I'm so gonna watch it... as soon as you give it to me that is:P

Jenn said...

I saw a preview for this before a showing of Doubt. Looks amazing and is what a true vampire movie can be. Nothing wrong with Twilight, but this movie looks awesome.

ikke said...

I loved this movies so much, it's so brutal and sweet at the same time. I thought it was really well made and the kids that played oscar and eli was really good. This movie i so want in my collection!

Random said...

I read the novel. And loved it. Didn't know they made it into a movie. Now I have to watch that as well...

Anonymous said...

I wanna see it too! xD

Anonymous said...

add meee! (I got a blogg too - for you)