Saturday 31 January 2009

The Quiet


The Quiet (2005)

Beautiful, simply beautiful. Dot, Dot, Dot the end.

The movie is a dark, serious and artistic. It's about Dot, who after her father died moves in with her godparents and their daughter. She deaf and mute and she likes to go through life invisible. But when she realizes that everything isn't as it should in her new home she has to start getting noticed.

This is one of the most artistically made movies we have ever seen. Every light angle, every monolog, every move was so beautifully composed it gave us the chills.
And we cannot believe everyone stud us up for this movie. Camilla Belle does an awesome interpretation of Dot, the deaf and mute girl. She plays the piano like Beethoven himself by feeling the vibrations of the tones. Her acting in this movie must have been hard since she had to look unmoved even though she knew everything that happens around her.
Nina (the daughter of the house) played by Elisha Cuthbert, is your typical shallow cheerleader the first time
we see her in the movie, but once you get to know her we soon realize she has a dark secret.
The chemistry between Camilla and Elisha is just mind blowing. Morbid but mind blowing. Every scene they made with each other gave us chills.
The monologs in the movie where just pure genius artistic with a touch of greatness. For example:

Dot: "All I wanted was to be invisible. It was a simple request. It didn't involve anyone else. When I was in a room with another person, I felt like I was only half there. When I was in a room with two other people, I felt like a third of myself. When I was in a room with three other people, I felt like a quarter of myself. And when I was in a whole crowd of people, I felt like nobody."

That's just one of many more.
Crap we can't still let go of the setting the movie gave us. The dark slightly morbid with the touch of the first light of the day.
We give this a 9.7/10... we are so going to buy a copy each of this...

Dot: "But being invisible isn't worth it in the end, because when you're invisible, other people may not see you, but you can't help seeing other people."

IMDB

We almost forgot about the amazing soundtrack who filled our ears and minds with the mood the setting was putting out. Genious, deadly and totally screwed up.


-Elin and Em trying to get our chills down... TOWARDS THE SHOWER.

No comments: