Friday 16 January 2009

5ive Girls

5ive Girls (2006)

Is a horrorish movie. It reminds me of The Craft meets Satan’s school for girls. I first just checked through the movie fast to see what it was and got the feeling it was a B flick with B actors and B effects. The only thing of those assumptions was the B actors part. Some were good, some were okey.

The movie takes place in a catholic school for girls. It starts with a girl vanishing without a trace during 'magical' circumstances. The movie later picks up five years later when five girls who all have special powers. They are 'rebels' who are there to become nice little girls who do as everyone says. Though the head mistress has other plans for the five girls.
Alex one of the girls (the main girl sort of) starts to see Elizabeth (the vanishing girl) and soon realizes that nothing is what it seems.

The movie got a 4.6/10 on imdb which I find rather low. I mean sure the acting could have been better. But it was a nice interesting not to predictable plot, great special effects, dark humor and a blind girl who goes on a ghost hunt. What more do you need?
I think the movie at least deserves a 6.5/10... at Least.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0494199/

Go and watch it if you could... It's definitely worth a look... just look at the cover and you'll know what I mean.

-Elin the night robot...



1 comment:

Jim Napier said...

Definitely sounds like The Craft in a way. I am no familiar with the Satans School for Girls. You should check out Ginger Snaps I saw it and you may like it.