Wednesday 19 November 2008

Sugar Rush


Sugar Rush (2005) is a TV-series about Kim, a 15 year old, frustrated lesbian who's sexually obsessed with her best friend Sugar, Maria Sweet.

So me (Elin) and Emelie watched both season one and two this week... I've seen the show about 16 times already and never get tired.
It's pure genius and Emelie did understand all the fuss I have been making about the show.
We sat down thinking of seeing maybe one or two episodes just to warm up but ended upp watching the whole first season at once.

So like I told you, the series about Kim, Sugar and Kim's dysfunctional family. There's Nathan, the dad, who Kim describes as half man, half piney. The mother Stella have no interests in the family things, she's no natural in being a mother, she just likes to run around and pretend she's in Kim’s age.
And Kim’s little brother believes he's from outer space and walks around with a bowl on his head.
So we get to follow Kim dealing with her problems, trying to figure them out and so on. And it never get's bored.

As you might understand after reading this above you being thinking the series abit wacked, and you're right. It is, but in a genius, smart and funny way.
Season one's awesome, season two's just pure ecstasy for the brain, ears and eyes.

This is one of my absolute favorite shows, have a shared first place with 'Dead Like Me', it's hard to choose one of them.
I'll give it a 10/10
Emelie gives it a 8/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452568/

-My Head Explodes and my body's on fire, I'm dancing in the shadows of your mind.

No comments: