Tuesday 21 October 2008

Diary of the Dead


I am a huge George A Romero fan. In fact I have all the original 'dead' movies on DVD and love them like my own children...this however will never get close to my DVD shelf.

this movie was about a group of young film students run into real-life zombies while filming a horror movie of their own...the beginning is actually quite good. The voice-over and the starting scenes invite for a great movie and many opertuneties. However it took less then 10 minutes before I wanted to bang my head into the wall.

The acting wasn't bad. The idea itself wasn't bad it was just, well predictable and annoying and too much of a teen-movie. George Romero usually has his touch on movies but where I didn't feel him at all.

If you're in the mood for a typical teen splat/gore movie then sure check this one out but if you want a great zombie movie I would suggest you look for the original 'Dawn of the dead' or any other in the triliogy.

I give this a 3/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848557/

- Emelie

No comments: