Saturday 14 February 2009

Speak

Speak (2004)

Kristen Stewart plays Melinda, a young girl who just started freshmen year at high school. Before the summer she had everything she wanted. Good friends, a life and just living it like a teenager should. But sometime during the summer something changed.
We get to follow Melindas journey from flashbacks to find out what exactly did happen. In school no one wants to talk to her since she called the cops to a party. But no one stops to think about why she made the call, no one even cared. After that she was all alone and no one to understand her. She starts to express herself in other ways. Through art mostly.
Well I'm not gonna spoil why and what happen to put Mel in that kind of place but I can say this much, it's not so nice.
But it doesn't help when Melindas ex best friend starts dating the root to everything bad in her life. And she can't seem to escape it.

Since a friend (CJ) recently saw the movie and wondered if I had seen it she wanted me to write the review. So here it is.
As you might have guessed I first saw the movie for Kristen (obviously) and I wasen't dissapointed.
The acting preformances is really good. Elizabeth Perkins who plays Melindas mother also develops in the movie, even though she's not a main character. She goes from being the irritating mom to be understandable and responsible when she finds out what have happen.
I'll give this movie a 8/10, definatley worth to watch.

IMDB


-Elin, sketching.

3 comments:

ikke said...

When i first saw this movie i saw it because i had read the book and thought that was good. I need to see this movie again sometime, i liked the movie when i saw it, but at that time i didn't know who kristen was.

Anonymous said...

Pretty awesome movie, I loved all of the clothes in it except for the fugly one she wore on the first day. I'd been thinking of watching this movie since I saw the Messengers but I wasn't sure. I'm glad I did finally decide to watch it - it was so worth it!
The cover looks pretty awesome too.

Jim Napier said...

Wonderful looking film. I have this on my netflix que currently.